Wanna have something scary to watch just in time for Halloween? There’s no better treat than to win The Conjuring on Blu-ray! It comes out tomorrow and thanks to Warner Bros. I have your chance to win it. I’ve seen the movie and it is definitely one of the scarier movies of the year.
How do I win Deacon?
It’s easy. Just comment or email me your favorite scary movie or scene. I’ll pick the winner Friday, October 25th.
If you haven’t read up on the movie before then check out The Conjuring 5 Things to Know! They’re interactive gifs so check them out.
1) The Conjuring is directed by the acclaimed James Wan, the Australian-born director of the fright-fests Insidious and the Saw series. His Twitter handle is @CreepyPuppet. Say no more.
2) The Conjuring has been given an “R” rating by the MPAA. Not because of blood, gore, or violence, but simply because it’s just so scary from start to finish!
3) The Conjuring’s cast and crew experienced creepy events during filming. Scratches appeared out of nowhere on Vera Farmiga’s computer soon after she agreed to act in the movie, the crew were routinely woken by something in the “witching hour” between 3 and 4AM, and the real-life Carolyn Perron fell and broke her hip while visiting the set.
4) The Rhode Island farmhouse where The Conjuring is set once belonged to an accused witch, Bathsheba, who tried to sacrifice her children to the devil and killed herself in 1863.
5) Hold your applause! The Conjuring will make you terrified to clap! Whether it’s playing a traditional game of hide-and-seek by following the clapping sounds like the mother and daughter in the movie, or being terrorized by ghostly claps in different rooms of the haunted farmhouse, these claps throughout the movie will give you the creeps!
*rules and disclaimer
Each household is only eligible to win 1 The Conjuring Blu-ray. Only one entrant per mailing address. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.