Those of you who don’t want Beacons all up in your dash should make plans never to connect to Xbox Live after December 5th because the next day the latest dashboard revision will enter your consolesphere. That’s right folks … the Fall dashboard update will hit consoles on December 6 and usher in an assortment of new features.
- New personal and social features including Cloud Storage for Game Saves and LIVE Profile
- Beacons and Facebook Sharing
- Enhanced Family Settings
- Integrated voice and gesture controls across the dashboard and in apps
- Bing voice search (Available this year in the US, UK and CA)
- UFC on Xbox (awesome), YouTube, Live TV etc ..
Some of the things listed may not make it to the update including the UFC, Live TV and YouTube. I’m not sure what will make it but at least you’ll have Kinect integration for sure. The entire dashboard will be Kinect enabled now so if you have a sensor, get ready to strain those vocal cords.
Ready or not .. here it comes!